Table of Contents
WhatsApp security code changed means
A few years back, WhatsApp came up with an end-to-end encryption feature. However, WhatsApp security code changed means that the user has changed his/her phone number or have re-installed the application. Whatsapp claims that messages, calls and files share on WhatsApp are end-to-end encrypted by default. However, from the past 6 to 7 months there’s a controversial debate. Whatsapp has changed its policy. According to the new policy of WhatsApp, it can now share the user’s data with other social media platforms especially Facebook-owned apps. The reason for its updated terms and conditions is an advertisement. Generating revenue with the help of ads has now become the policy of WhatsApp.
Further, WhatsApp claims that only selected part of the information of their users will be collected to show them advertisements. To avail of this security feature, you should update the app to its latest version. If any of the users of WhatsApp has not accepted the terms and conditions, their accounts will also stop working. After updating, encryption will be automatically activated.
What is Whatsapp encryption?
In general, the end-to-end encryption procedure has two integral parts:
- Cryptological lock that protects the content at the stage of sending messages; and
- A dedicated key that decodes the coding of the message(s).
Meanwhile, WhatsApp encryption means the chats, calls and files are end to end encrypted. That means your data on WhatsApp can never be shared, viewed or collected by anyone even not by WhatsApp itself.
How To Scan a Security Code in WhatsApp?
If you are seeing the “contact’s security code changed” notification on someone’s number. The reason is that the contact has changed his/her number or changed his/her security code. WhatsApp will automatically generate the new security key. The security code can be scanned between two contacts either by QR code or by matching the 60 digit number. The choice is yours. Therefore, your chats with other contacts will become end to end encrypted again. However, if you want to confirm the encryption then you can scan the new security code. To scan the new security code, follow the mentioned steps below.
- Firstly, go to the profile information of the selected contact. Now tap ‘Encryption‘.
- A code will be generated for the selected contact.
- Then ask your selected contact to open your profile information on his/her WhatsApp.
- After doing this, both contacts would be displaying the QR code.
- At last, select the ‘SCAN CODE‘ from any of the phones.
- If scanning is yet not possible then you can share your code(s).
- The user with whom you shared your code should match the 60 digit number.
- The scannable code is unique for every WhatsApp contact. The code will not work for any other account.
How to Change Whatsapp Security Code?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to change the WhatsApp security code manually. There are two ways in which WhatsApp can automatically change the security code for you.
- The first procedure comes when you change your phone number.
- Secondly, when you delete or reinstall your WhatsApp.