Table of Contents
Tesla Cybertruck will be acquiring Samsung cameras after half a billion dollar deal
According to a report of SamMobile, almost half a billion deal has been made between Tesla Cybertruck and Samsung. As mentioned, the news for the latest partnership between the South Korean tech giant and the American electric car maker arrives from South Korean publications that announce upcoming Tesla’s Cybertruck will be having Samsung’s latest camera modules or sensors.
The partnership between the two conglomerates isn’t new, before this deal two of them have been partnering in the sector of SoC (chipset) for Tesla’s vehicles. In the past recent years, Samsung has supplied Tesla with components for its electric cars and trucks along with batteries. Now, the reports claim that the consumer electronics giant has signed a 436 million US Dollars deal (almost half a billion dollars) with the world’s largest EV maker for the supply of its camera lens. In addition to this, other rumors suggested that the South Korean electronics giant has also plans of supplying its new PixCell LED headlamps for future EVs.
Read It too: Can I Buy Tesla With Bitcoin? Let's know everything.
Those unaware about Cybertruck from the USA electric vehicle manufacturer, it is the futuristic-looking electric SUV, that was launched way back in 2019. The AWD (all-wheel drive) Cybertruck model from the EV maker originally planned to enter the production phase in the last quarter of 2021alongside the RWD (rear-wheel drive) model. Unfortunately, the production has been further postponed to 2022. Regardless of when the production will complete and we’ll seeing Cybertrucks on the roads, but one thing is apparent that the E-SUVs will be using Samsung technologies.
Moreover, the electronic SUV Company is owned by none other than Elon Musk. Apart from Tesla, Musk is the CEO of SpaceX, Neuralink, and many others technology companies and crypto coins.
Cameras in Tesla’s Cybertruck:
- As per the news of Korean Economic Daily, the Cybertruck from Elon Musk’s company will be equipped with an extensive suite of cameras.
- The electric truck even has cameras instead of side mirrors, which is still not allowed in the US, but there have been efforts to change that trend and law. The automobile giant is hoping to change it before its vehicle makes it to the market of the USA.
- The electric pickup truck by Tesla will have cameras in the fenders, instead of the side mirrors: So, the side mirrors are being replaced by cameras.
- The upcoming electric vehicle is also equipped with front-facing and back-facing cameras for self-driving sensors.
- Interestingly, Tesla Cybertruck even comes up with a camera under the front bumper of it.
- Moreover, the camera could be used for off-roading purposes. Off-roading isn’t a focus element from Tesla, but the EV still will be available.
- While in the case of the angles and lenses of the camera, Samsung claimed up to 35-degree approach angle, a 28-degree departure angle, and up to 16 inches of ground clearance. Any camera with these specs could be helpful in the situations of some rock crawling. In addition to this, the camera would also be used for other purposes or situations, including parking assist as well as potentially a 360-degree birds-eye view, according to the reports.