Table of Contents
Huawei’s P50 teased with HarmonyOS 2 and Snapdragon 888, too without 5G and Google services
As we all know, due to the USA sanctions, Huawei isn’t receiving the Google services, Android for example. Other than operating systems, the Chinese tech giant is also not allowed to use any of the chipsets from South Korean or Taiwanese chipmakers. As a result, Huawei built its own OS i.e. HarmonyOS, while in the case of chipset, the tech giant uses its Kirin series processors. Hence, the tech company started rolling out its operating system to its already existing mobile models in the early dates of June. Since then, the company has been rolling out its software updates to its existing models.
Huawei has announced its P50 and P50 Pro models – flagship smartphones that will be coming with the Huawei’s -owned HarmonyOS 2. In addition to this, some models might come with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 processor – the flagship chipset by the company. Unfortunately, the two flagship models won’t support 5G. There could be many reasons why the company isn’t giving 5G that too with the most premium smartphones. According to analysts and experts, one of the main reasons for not having 5G connectivity could be the lack of Android in its smartphones.
Specs and features of P50 and P50 PRO:
- The P50 and P50 PRO models will come up with 6.5-inch and 6.6-inch display screens, along with 90Hz and 120Hz refresh rates respectively.
- Both flagship models will have the same punch-hole selfie camera of 13MP.
- In the case of rear cameras, the Pro model could come up with 50MP color and 40MP mono True-Chroma lenses. One lens will be 13MP ultra-wide and the other will be of 64MP telephoto lens. In the case of P50, it has a 50MP True-Chroma camera, a 13MP ultra-wide, and a 12MP telephoto lens.
- Moreover, both the devices are IP68-rated like many other flagship smartphones for their splash, water, and dust resistance.
- Both the models of the series support 66W super-fast wired charging. But in the case of P50 Pro, offers 50W wireless charging. Furthermore, the P50 includes a 4100mAh battery, whereas the P50 Pro smartphone contains a battery of 4360mAh.
Read It Too: Does Huawei mate 20 pro need screen protector?
Price and Availability of Huawei’s P50:
The P50 model with the variant of 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage will be pricing at 4,488 yuan or approx. $695, according to the current currency exchanges. While the P50 Pro model will be priced at 5,988 yuan or $927, with the 8GB/128GB variant, as per the current currency exchanges.
The P50 and P50 Pro mobile set will be available in the Chinese market on September and 12 August 2021 respectively.
As mentioned, thanks to the USA sanctions, Google is unable to provide software updates or software to any of the devices from Huawei. Hence, the Chinese mobile phone maker has initially decided to launch the phone in the Chinese market. But there’re still chances that after its launch in China, the company might unveil the mobile in the international market.