Does Huawei mate 20 pro need screen protector?
Is screen protector needed for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro?
Does Huawei mate 20 pro need screen protector?
Well!! Everyone wants to know the answer to this mysterious unsolved puzzle or maybe question that Does Huawei mate 20 pro need screen protector? Ok, just kidding!! Let begin this blog. Before answering this question, it is better to know about the world’s first smartphone with a triple camera setup. You do not need to worry because we’ll be discussing its in-depth details in the middle of this article. With said that, as you know, the Chinese brand has an in-display fingerprint scanner. Therefore, many users have a question after applying a screen protector; it will be possible for the mobile sensor to detect their fingerprint or not?
To recall, Huawei Mate 20 Pro was unveiled in the last quarter of 2018 as a flagship device. Moreover, at that time, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer didn’t have the USA sanctions. Therefore, this flagship gadget had a gigantic market to cover, and it covered too.
This was among the very few smartphones that were having in-display fingerprint recognition technology. Because of its newest technology at that time, the in-screen fingerprint was not as smooth as it is today. Even without screen protection, users gave negative feedback regarding the fingerprint sensor (s) -not working properly.
Specs and Features of Huawei Mate 20 Pro:
As we mentioned above, the Mate 20 Pro was way ahead of that time. Because of its unique display and specifications, the handset topped the entire phone industry. The gadget comes in the colors of Emerald Green, Midnight Blue, Twilight, Pink Gold, and Black.
If you’re having the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, then you already know its major features. In case, if you forget the features of the mobile phone, we’re discussing its in-depth specs and features in the points below.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro came with 6.39 inches display screen with a protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- The phone was the first one to debut the Kirin 980 chipset–the flagship processor of that time. Also, it contained Octa-core 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz CPU. The device included Mali- G76 MP10 GPU.
- Under the hood, the device also contains its own OS (Android) skin for performing smooth daily use–EMUI 9.1 (Emotion UI). Moreover, the device came with Android 9 Pie straight away from the box.
- The sensors in the phone include Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, and compass.
- The smart device came with a massive battery of that time- 4200mAh. Besides this, it has a fast charging of 40W, which means it could charge 70% only in 30 minutes. It also included the facility of Fast wireless charging of 15W and Reverse wireless charging of 2.5W.
- From the camera’s point of view, it contains three rear camera lenses. The main camera includes 40MP of the lens, the other camera contained an 8MP telephoto lens, and the third came up with an ultra-wide 20MP camera lens. With the help of these triple lenses, you can record videos of 4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), and 720p@960fps.
- While in the case of the front camera, the device came up with a 24MP selfie camera. With the help of this selfie shooter, you can record videos of 1080p@30fps.
Read Related Post: Huawei’s P50 teased with HarmonyOS 2 and Snapdragon 888
Will the fingerprint sensor still work after applying a protector on the screen?
In the modern era of smartphones, every manufacturer wants to make its device thinner than its predecessors. Hence, all the big companies are in a rat race for making their smart devices thinner than before. As a result, mobile conglomerates spend extra amounts on the development of slim handsets. Besides this, users apply different cases and protectors on smartphones for making them stylish and for the protection of the device. As a result, they make the phone look bulkier, heavier, or thicker.
For those having Mate 20 Pro always think about the consequences of screen protector. The big tension arrives in the case of the inner fingerprint sensor. Your phone has an optical fingerprint sensor, which means the distance between the sensor (scanner) and the translucency of the screen is relatively high. As a result, you need to select a good quality screen protector(s) for your device. A good quality protector is one with relatively high light transmittance. The one with poor quality won’t do the job properly. To answer your question, it can work properly even it is covered with a protector. It totally depends on you to choose the right thing for our costly device.
10 Best Screen Protectors for Your Mate 20 Pro:
In case, if you’re having a problem selecting which screen protector is worth buying it. Therefore, here’s the list of top 10 screen protectors for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro that can’t decline the on-screen sensor.
- Actpe Screen Protector
- ArmorSuit Screen Protector
- CENTAURUS Screen Protector
- Dmax Armor Screen Protector
- IPG Screen Protector
- KATIAN Screen Protector
- Olixar Screen Protector
- Orzero Screen Protector
- Supershieldz Screen Protector
- VMAX Screen Protector
So have you tried any of them on your smartphones? If yes, then let us know in the comment section below how was your experience. Tell us these screen protectors decline the performance of your sensor or remain unchanged.
We’d love to listen to your experiences with screen protectors.
Besides this, share this article with your friends and partners and asked them a similar question.
To sum up the discussion regarding the usage of screen protectors on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it depends on the users who select the right and good quality protector for their mentioned handset. Sometimes, applying bad quality of protector can ruin your experience of the sensor of fingerprint, while using the best quality or company’s protector can give you an amazing experience of touch.