Starting this article with a basic answer when you receive an error “Error Opening Sound Device” while using audacity, it simply means you do not have any device available. To confirm click on edit and than select preferences and under devices you there would be no device to select.
Audacity show these types of errors when the Sound card doesn’t support as the application mostly record more channels then the sound card support limit.
Solutions for Audacity Error Opening Sound Device
Update Your Drivers: Most of the time installed drivers turned to be outdated, it may not support audacity recording features. Nowadays there are many software’s that will help you to automatically update your drivers if you don’t have computer skills. we recommend you to use Driver Pack Solution. it is a free and easy to use software.
Driver Solution will easily identify the outdated or missing drivers, you can select expert mode to install specific updates only. Best part of this application is that it will automatically identify your driver version according to your system.
- Download the software.
- Run the application
- Select Expert mode at the time of loading
- wait for loading to complete
- unchecked all the additional software’s
- click on install all button
- wait for the process to complete.
after the process finished restart your system and check it again, we are sure it will work properly.
If you still face the same error now try the 2nd method.
You need to change the privacy settings to allow software to access and use microphone on your system.
- in start you can search for Privacy or directly search for privacy in search box.
- open settings page then navigate to app permission and select microphone,
- Under Allow apps to access microphone click the toggle switch to On.
- Find audacity and select it to allow microphone.
After following all steps try to record in audacity and check if the problem is resolved properly or not.